Herb & Garlic New Potatoes
When you are fed up up chips and mash potatoes, change it up a bit with some herb and garlic potatoes. I used new potatoes for this recipe, but you can cut potatoes into wedges, or cubes.
It is a great accompaniment to anything from burgers to pasties, even a salad, or a side dish at a barbecue. It could easily become a family favourite!
- New Potatoes, or cubed or wedged potatoes
- 1 Red onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Butter (I used Flora Buttery)
Preheat oven to 180oc (Fan Assisted)
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 25 – 30mins
- Halve the New Potatoes, and cook in boiling water for 20mins
- Cut and quarter the red onion, and separate the pieces and place into a shallow dish
- Add the butter, herbs and crushed garlic, and mix together
- Place the dish in the preheated oven for 10mins until the butter has melted, remove from the oven
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain off the water, and return to the pan, place over the heat, but keep moving the pan, to dry off the potatoes
- Add the potatoes to dish, and make sure that the ingredients and mixed, and all of the potatoes and onion pieces are coated in the herb and garlic butter mix
- Place back in the oven for 25 to 30mins, until crispy. You can cook them longer if you want them to a bit more golden and crispy
- Serve, and enjoy!