When you are fed up up chips and mash potatoes, change it up a bit with some herb and garlic potatoes. I used new potatoes for this recipe, but you can cut potatoes into wedges, or cubes.
It is a great accompaniment to anything from burgers to pasties, even a salad, or a side dish at a barbecue. It could easily become a family favourite!
- New Potatoes, or cubed or wedged potatoes
- Diced Frozen Onion (can also use fresh onion)
- 3 Garlic Cloves or Lazy Garlic
- Dried Herbs
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 180oc (Fan Assisted)
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 25 – 30mins
- Halve the New Potatoes, and cook in boiling water for 20mins.
- Place the diced onion into a shallow dish.
- Add the olive oil, herbs and crushed garlic, and mix together.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven for 10mins until the onions start browning, remove from the oven.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain off the water, and return to the pan, place over the heat, but keep moving the pan, to dry off the potatoes. The more bashed the edges of the potatoes, the better!
- Add the potatoes to dish, and make sure all of the potatoes are coated with the onion, herb and garlic mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place back in the oven for 25 to 30mins, until crispy. You can cook them longer if you want them to a bit more golden and crispy.
- Serve, and enjoy!